ERASMUS+ KA2 PROJECT: Multicultural Communication: Breaking Stereotypes
Erasmus + KA2 Actions make possible that organisations from different countries work together, to develop, share and transfer best practices and innovative approaches in the fields of education, training and youth.
Multicultural Communication: Breaking Stereotypes is an Erasmus + Strategic Partnership Project that brings together 9 organisations from: Greece, Bulgaria, Italy, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain and Turkey.
The rationale of this project, in terms of objectives and needs and target groups to be addressed
It can be eliminated from the division into attitudes and behaviors “we” and “others”? Can stop the discrimination between minority and majority? You can combat the fear of anything foreign and unfamiliar? The xenophobia, social exclusion, racism, hate speech and addressing them by promoting values and human rights, building on the cultural conditions of each country is the central idea of the program.
Basic logic of the project is to gain mutual trust and the possibility for collaboration between individuals that make up different cultural groups, whether they are perceived at the micro-level (classroom) or in the medium level (school) or an outside- level (society). This cooperation is all about at least in the realm of “public”, because in the realm of “private”, everyone can choose his life, according to the particularities and traditions of culture, of course, provided that such peculiarities and traditions not clashing is incompatible with the dominant culture.
This project in European- transnational level, can help teachers with different cultures. to meet and create various and complementary educational tools to promote new teaching solutions and practices. Each partner implements own innovations in education, in a space that is alive and dynamic.
Moreover, the need to present information about its own culture each partner (customs, games, recipes, artwork, artistic creations – music, songs, dance …), someone who is not familiar with them, create the conditions and therefore gives incentives to the target group, namely our students.
Our program is highly topical nowadays we live. Our world is constantly changing. The composition of countries the population is not the same as the last. Refugees and migrants moved mainly to the countries of Europe, to escape wars, poverty and hunger. Europe can become a big hug to warm all the afflicted people of the land. The centuries-old European culture can help to overcome xenophobic perceptions, attitudes and prejudices. Training providers through a multi-cultural education process, they must cultivate solidarity, acceptance of diversity, mutual respect.
Indicative Proposed Educational Activities
During the implementation of our plan out various educational and cultural activities in order to achieve our goals. Some of them are in this first our meeting (meal with traditional Greek dishes, public festivities and food presentation indicative of the participating countries, etc.)
During the two-year duration of the project provided four key activities for the students of our schools.
The four main activities organized around the themes of food, dances and songs, games and sports, and finally the arts.
Each activity will be organized as follows:
- It starts with acquaintance (theoretical) elements of the culture of each country.
- In the next stage is exchanged between partners.
- The final stage is used for experimentation and creative use of the data will exchange all partners together.
- In the second major activity will be organized a day dedicated to the game. Parents and students are invited to play games with our partners. Before organizing this activity will create a book of games and sports games each partner shared with others. The book is written in detail the rules of the game and there will be illustrations. The book will be given to each family.
- In a third meeting will be presented national songs and dances from each country.
- In the middle of the second year will be organized an exhibition in each country in which all the pupils’ productions whose work related will be presented.
- Towards the end of the second year, will be organized and presented a theatrical performance inspired by the creations of students and projects partners.
- By the end of the project, a digital application will be created which will present knowledge, didactic and methodological tools and pedagogical dimensions of the project.
The goal is promote respect, recognition, tolerance attitudes and acceptance of cultural differences among students, teachers and families involved in this Project.